Monday, April 19, 2010

GM forced to stop production because of faulty Chinese Parts

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12319616


One week of lost production because GM thought it was smarter to buy faulty parts from China. Building parts in the USA is expensive. American workers cost a lot of money. Why pay when you can save money and pocket the difference. Sure the quality sucks but hey if it is cheaper......

I wonder if the high priced executives factored in a week of lost production. It is hard to sell $28,000 trucks when the plant is shut down. I wonder how many trucks they make in a week. I bet it is a lot. I bet the total lost revenue will be substantial.

Good move GM. It is decisions like this that led them straight into bankruptcy. I see they learned nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home