Sunday, June 28, 2015

Walmart Leading The Made In The USA Revolution......Finally....
















Normally I would rather spend the day in a dentist chair than step foot in a Walmart store.
Because of a flaw in our survival skills (when camping) we ended up at Walmart to buy Ashley a new air mattress.
As I walked around the store I couldn't believe what I was seeing....everywhere I looked there it was over and over......Made in the USA.....Made in the USA.
At one point I thought I would have to go outside and look up at the sign to make sure I was at the right store.
Historically you had a better chance of being trampled by a galloping unicorn (in aisle 6) than you ever had of finding a made in the USA sign inside a walmart.
Last year Walmart announced they would be promoting the manufacture of many more products. I laughed at the announcement.
For years walmart insisted all products be made in Communist Red China. So this reversal seemed strange. Perhaps my years of endless walmart bashing was finally having an effect.
Regardless of why it is happening the change is extremely noticable. They really want you to see made in the USA everywhere...which I did.
While it is only a drop in the ocean I feel walmart deserves a small pat on the back. This is a nice start walmart. Please keep it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home